As a member, you will be part of the largest grass roots movements to protect and further the rights of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Arc is a grassroots, membership-based organization. Becoming a member of any local chapter of The Arc will automatically include membership in The Arc Oregon state chapter and The Arc United States national organization.
Membership in The Arc is open to anyone who supports our mission of education, advocacy and support of children and adults with disabilities. Our strength is in numbers. Your support can help us continue to provide much-needed programs and services that help empower people with disabilities and their families. Our current members include people with disabilities, their family members, friends, teachers, principals, neighbors, co-workers, agency staff, community and business leaders.
By joining our network of more than 140,000 members and 730 affiliated chapters across the country, you become connected to the largest grassroots movement to protect the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Members work together to ensure that sufficient resources are available to meet the needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in every community in our nation.
As part of this network, you’ll be connected to others with and without disabilities who share your beliefs and your challenges. Self-advocates (an individual with I/DD), their family members, experts and professionals in the field and advocates and activists work together through The Arc to ensure than people with I/DD have the resources to meet their needs and live self-determined lives.
We encourage you to contact one of our local chapters to find out more about becoming a member of The Arc. If there is no local chapter in your area, you may start a chapter or become a member of The Arc Oregon.
Benefits of Membership:
- Be the first to receive information about local activities and community networking and support opportunities.
- Receive a National quarterly newsletter, bi-monthly e-newsletter, a weekly roundup of major events on Capitol Hill and up-to-the minutes information about The Arc’s advocacy activities, programs and events.
Resources and Support
- Get connected with local resources for services and supports.
- Get assistance with future planning from The Arc Oregon by accessing information on Special Needs Trusts, Guardianship and Advocacy, and transitions to higher education and employment in the local community.
- Take advantage of information and resources available on TheArc.org including research, fact sheets, national programs such as Autism NOW: The National Resource and Information Center and The Medicaid Reference Desk, and public policy information.
National Services and Programs
- Access a portfolio of services and programs developed with you in mind.
- Marsh Affinity Group Services, offering quality protection plans from health coverage to affordable life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Liberty Mutual, providing a group insurance program that comes with special savings and benefits on auto, home and renters insurance.
- US Bank, offering members The Arc Select Rewards Visa® Card. You can earn rewards for yourself and support The Arc with every purchase.
- Meet other families in your local community who share your passion and your experiences.
- Join an active online community and our social media channels, attend events hosted by The Arc. You can also join The Arc’s members-only National Sibling Council and National Council of Self-Advocates.
- Receive discounted registration to annual national events such as the Disability Policy Seminar and the National Convention.