Since 1954, The Arc Oregon has been serving Oregonians with intellectual and developmental disabilities. As an affiliate of The Arc of the United States, we strive make Oregon a place where individuals experiencing I/DD are included and valued in the community.
At The Arc Oregon, in addition to supporting individuals and families through our programs and services, we advocate for the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities so that they can live full, productive lives as respected members of our community.
We hope that you will join us in achieving our mission.
- #MeToo: Helping Women with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Talk Openly About Sexual Violence with Health Care Professionals December 7, 2017Prompted by recent news events, women everywhere are speaking up and sharing accounts of sexual violence. Social media feeds have been so inundated with tales of unwanted personal sexual encounters that it has sparked an online media campaign, punctuated by … Continue reading →
- #HandsOff: Jake’s Story December 6, 2017###This is the first installment of a new series at The Arc Blog called #HandsOff. Each month, we will feature a story from individuals and families across The Arc’s network about their experiences with some of today’s key policy issues … Continue reading →
- The Arc Responds to Senate Passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – Services and Supports for People with Disabilities at Risk December 2, 2017Washington, DC – The Arc released the following statement in response to Senate passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: “Today the Senate took a big and dangerous step closer to cutting the services and supports that people with … Continue reading →
- Volunteer Opportunities Lead to New Job Skills November 30, 2017Building a resume can be tough, particularly in rural communities where job opportunities may be limited, and competition can be fierce. However, serving your community can be one great and meaningful way to build job skills. Since 2015, The Arc … Continue reading →
- MediSked Applauds Strong Disability Rights Advocacy at The Arc of North Carolina November 29, 2017By Linda Nakagawa, Market Policy Analyst, MediSked Advocacy is the foundation upon which the disability community has grown into a powerhouse. The future of the movement depends on the many advocates across the country who are engaging on the local, state, and … Continue reading →