NOTICE TO ALL POOLED TRUST PARTICIPANTS:
Pursuant to sections 4.3 and 4.4 of the Master Trust Agreement dated July 20, 1999, The Arc Oregon has appointed Key Bank National Association as the new Trustee of the Oregon Special Needs Trust. The Master Trust Agreement has been amended and dated November 25, 2015. The Joinder Agreement has been amended to reflect the new Trustee and Master Trust Agreement. All changes to the Joinder Agreement apply to all current pooled trust participants and all previously executed Joinder Agreements are immediately deemed to be amended accordingly. You are encouraged to review the new Joinder Agreement documents posted on the Forms and Documents page of The Arc Oregon website. Upon your annual review date, you will receive an Updated Joinder Agreement and will be required to sign and return the document when requested. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions!
The enrollment process for a first-party or a third-party trust is similar, but extra steps may be needed if a beneficiary is funding his or her own trust and is not financially capable.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Before filling out paperwork, contact our office at 503-581-2726 to speak with, or schedule an in-person meeting with, the trust director. This initial consultation is an important opportunity to discuss your individual needs and to determine whether or not the OSNT is the right solution for you.
GATHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Review the Application Checklist for more information on required documents
- Eligbility letters from SSI, SSDI, OHP (Medicaid), and/or any other benefits received by the beneficiary
- ISP, BSP, Care or Treatment Plan if applicable
- Beneficiary Identification document – Photo ID, Drivers License, Social Security Card and/or Birth Certificate
- Verification of the source of funds (e.g., copy of will, trust, settlement or Social Security over-payment)
- Copy of legal representation documents such as Letters of Guardianship/Conservatorship or Power of Attorney
- Court Order (and copy of Petition) authorizing the establishment and funding of a trust account – This requirement applies to first-party trusts where the beneficiary does not meet competency requirements for establishing a trust account
COMPLETE THE JOINDER AGREEMENT
SUBMIT CHECK WITH DOCUMENTS
- Mail application materials with ORIGINAL Joinder Agreement to:
The Arc Oregon / OSNT
2405 Front Street NE #120
Salem OR 97301
- Include check for the Enrollment Fee in the amount of $750, payable to The Arc Oregon.
- Include check for initial funding of the account payable to “OSNT FBO Beneficiary’s Full Name” (if it is not being set up as an unfunded account).
NOTE: Enrollment fee can be deducted from the account once it is established and funded as long as the initial funding check is sent with the application packet.
Upon receipt and verification of your application packet, your account will be reviewed by the OSNT Program Director within 3 working days. If there is a problem with the application, such as insufficient documentation or incorrect Joinder Agreement, the Program Director will contact you to discuss the issue and work with you to complete the enrollment process.
When the Program Director has reviewed the application packet, the packet is then submitted to the Executive Director for review and approval.
Once the application is approved by the Executive Director, a Welcome Notebook is sent to the Primary Authorized Representative that includes:
- Trust Account Number
- Annual Spending Target
- Online Account Access login information (if requested)
- Disbursement Request and Contact Change forms
- Welcome Guide with information on how to access and use the trust
- Copy of fully executed Joinder Agreement & Beneficiary Profile
- Copy of Master Trust Agreement
You should allow 2 to 4 weeks for the entire enrollment process to be completed.
It is the Primary Authorized Person’s responsibility to report the establishment of the pooled trust sub-account to the relevant government agencies. All of the necessary reporting documents are included in the Welcome Notebook. Upon request, we can also provide a letter to the agency that outlines how the pooled trust meets the qualifications for non-countable asset.